When Bollywood Covered Destination Weddings in Desi Style
Trust Bollywood to adds its very own desi tadka when it comes to weddings! Bollywood’s love for groovy songs, crazy dance moves, gleaming outfits, and of course mesmerising locations makes it the perfect recipe for every dream wedding a girl could ask for! From destination weddings to prolific joint family affairs, Bollywood has covered it all and we at WedFine have got you covered with its much fancied naach-gaana and outfits for the upcoming wedding season!
1. We are sure you remember Kalki Koechlin in Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani. The destination was none other than beautiful Udaipur. The Oberoi Udaivilas and the Chittorgarh Fort with its picturesque locations covering majestic gardens, fountains and courtyards they surely gave each one of us some major #WeddingGoals!
2. Lalgarh Palace, Bikaner, a famous ancient royal palace had the hit song ‘Dum Dum Dum Mast Hai’ shot here. Yes, we are talking about Band Baajaa Baaraat. They even had Delhi’s Janakpuri and Sainik Farms covered. Yep, we hear you – it is all in the name.
3. Talk about a high-spirited affair with limos and palaces thrown in and a wedding theme and you remember the movie Shaandaar. The main location was Leeds, UK that had the perfect peppy music and family drama that is almost involved in every desi wedding.
4. How can we miss out on the most iconic films in Bollywood – yes, we are talking about DDLJ. A bride-to-be taking a trip to Europe with her bunch of friends before tying the knot only to fall in love otherwise. A big fat Punjabi wedding with the perfect blend of romance and drama for a hit Bollywood movie.
5. What happens when an NRI girl marries a Punjabi boy? Namaste London the film very intricately covered the contrast between India and the West with respect to marriages, parenting, and respect.
Can’t find the movie that made you fall in love? Share your thoughts in the comment section below.