Looking For A Florist? Read the Guidelines First
Flowers are the most important things in any ceremony, and when it is a wedding they just play an indispensable role. You perhaps need them more in the wedding than in any other occasions in life. Having said that, it’s advisable to look for a florist who will not let you down in respect to quantity, themes, and designs. Here, we share with you the guidelines for hiring a suitable florist as per your budget and style. After all, we have promised you to be by your side in every step of your wedding planning.
Decide on the budget
Haven’t you heard the saying “cut your coat according to cloth?” It fits well in this situation. You can have a dream of having a lavish wedding with extensive floral decorations but that might not suit your pocket. What we mean to say is, decide on the budget first before approaching to a florist. Otherwise, you might end up getting quotes that are way beyond your affordability (which is so not helpful, right?).
Selecting a florist is not just about flowers
Hiring a florist is not only about choosing a bunch of colourful flowers. You need to decide on the theme and design you want for your D-Day. Correspond with the florists and explain them the envision you have about the wedding theme and floral decor. Give them an in-depth insight of the overall colour scheme of your wedding as to what colour you and your bridesmaids are planning to don. This will help the florist to decide on the flowers to be used. Remember, the right selection of flowers can set the right mood for any occasion. In case you happen to like any floral design in wedding magazines or on the internet, share them with the florist.
Look for floral style
Everybody has their own style. Sure, you have it too! All you need to do is to figure that out. Here, we have listed a few floral style options that will help you doing so.
- Classic: Classic floral style is usually round and crisp with not much twist to the design. Roses are the commonly used blooms in this style that add a pinch of sophistication to the overall wedding decor.
- Romantic: As the name suggests, this style is dreamy, adorable, and stimulates the feeling of love for special someone. Usually, this design is fluffier that mostly features the pink family of blooms. White and beige are also used if someone prefers to keep it as subtle as possible.
- Natural: This floral design is inspired by nature and embrace more greenery in its style. Less of flowers and more of green leaves is the ideal way to feature this style.
- Bold: Perfect for those who really want to express their inner-self in the wedding. Multicoloured, big, and unusual flowers are used in this style to infuse the necessary drama to the ceremony.
Meet the florist in person
Fix an appointment with the florist and meet him in person. Probe as much as possible on how many weddings he has handled, does he have a team or is he the sole player, has he handled a similar size wedding before, and has he ever worked in the venue that you have hired. Ask for the portfolios of his work to ensure that you are about to hire the service of the right person.
Questions to ask
Now coming to the most important part of hiring a florist, we have listed the necessary questions below that you must ask before closing the deal.
The wedding date:
- Are you available on my wedding date?
- Do you have any more events or weddings to handle on that day?
- Have you ever worked in the venue that I have hired? Would you like to take a look at it?
- Will you do all the arrangements yourself or will you outsource some parts of the job to another florist?
- How many days prior to the wedding will you start doing the arrangements?
- Do you need a specific floral budget?
- Can you make the arrangements within my budget?
- Do you offer any specific package or is everything customized?
- How long have you been in the business?
- How many weddings have you handled before?
- Do you have photographs of the previous weddings you have arranged for?
- What is your design style? (classic, romantic, natural, bold)
- Based on my budget and requirement, what style of design will you do?
- Which flowers would you recommend for my style and wedding theme?
- Can I arrange for the design that’s provided by me?
- What types of vases do you recommend? Do I have to hire the vases from you or I can hire from outside?
- Do you provide other decor items such as mirrors, candelabras, aisle runners and so on and so forth?
- Do those decor elements come within the package or do you charge over and above?
- Can you make a sample of the floral arrangement and show it to me?
- What lighting do you suggest on the basis of my floral arrangement and wedding theme?
- Will you assist me in preserving the bouquets that I will receive in my wedding gifts?
Payment & logistics:
- How do you price your each floral arrangement?
- Do you charge a delivery fee?
- Do you charge extra for installing and uninstalling the floral arrangements?
- How many days prior will you start installing the decor? How much time do you need for this?
- Will you charge extra if you have to stay throughout the wedding for rearranging the decor in between?
- How much advance do I have to pay?
- What mode of payment do you accept?
- What is your cancellation policy?
- What is your cancellation charge?
- How many days prior do I have to intimate you if I want to make any change in the arrangement?
- Is there any additional cost that you have not included in the package?