20 Things You’d See Only At A Desi Wedding
Indian culture and its weddings involve a lot of fun, colour, and lavish exhibitions of jewellery and gift items. You know it’s time to say hello to a big fat Indian wedding when you see the following:
- The coming together of three generations to celebrate the union of two families!
- How can an Indian wedding be complete without the celeb – say namaste to Pandit Ji!
- The vermillion red tilak to welcome the handsome groom!
- The choreographed sangeet night!
- The picking up of the groom and bride for the varmala session where they dare not bow down
- That one drunk uncle who can dance on the randomest of songs
- Heaps and heaps of food
- The cameraman/ videographer waiting for you to gorge on that ice-cream
- The stolen glances of young love
- The overdressed aunties and their red lipsticks
- Betting of big money whilst playing cards
- Small rooms, but bigger hearts to accommodate anybody and everybody
- Late night banter over coffees and drinks
- The naagin dance
- That one aunty who is going through everyone’s kundli to get singles together
- Stealing the groom’s shoes legally and yet getting paid!
- Oh, the bling! It could blind you!
- The recently married couple who can’t help gushing on how awesome their wedding was!
- Snoring aunties and uncles by the time the pheras are done
- The lil monsters who have pledged to ruin the wedding session of the couple
It is impossible to sum up everything that makes the extravagant affair of an Indian wedding what it is, but we tried! Feel free to add in more memories or instances in the comment section below!
So, you see India is famous for several things culture, heritage, traditions, spices, Ayurveda, and of course the big fat Indian weddings!